Reset to factory settings
You can "reset your HOMAG CUBE to factory settings". In this case, the following settings are reset to the initial state:
- Static network settings are deleted. IP address assignment via DHCP
- Deletion of the configured NTP server
NOTE: This function is only available from firmware version 0.132.0. Your HOMAG CUBE requires the button on the top of the housing for this.
This is how it works: Step by step
- Press the button on the top of the HOMAG CUBE once. A white LED lights up on the left.
- Now press the button twice. Now the LED on the right lights up.
- Press the button again and keep it pressed until all LEDs on the HOMAG CUBE light up together. Now release the button. If all LEDs now light up green, the action was successful. The right LED from step 2 then lights up again.
- If all LEDs light up red, the action has failed. In this case, you will find possible causes in the following paragraph.
Action failed? Possible causes:
- My HOMAG CUBE does not have a pushbutton.
The first generations of the HOMAG CUBE do not have a pushbutton. This function is not available for your HOMAG CUBE.
- The factory settings cannot be executed.
Please check whether you have at least firmware version 0.132.0.
- After the factory settings, I can no longer log in with the password on the back of the HOMAG CUBE.
Try to generate a password according to the following scheme:
The placeholder <unique identifier> is derived from the MAC address of the HOMAG CUBE and is therefore uniquely bound to your HOMAG CUBE. Use the last 6 digits of the MAC address of the HOMAG CUBE for this. The MAC address can be found, for example, on the back of the HOMAG CUBE in the hostname.
- MAC Address: 12:34:45:78:9A:BC
- The placeholder is: 789abc
- Your password is: HOMAGCUBE789abc